Terms & Conditions
Online Purchases & Express Shipping Policies
We offer our customers in Halifax (HRM) only the ability to purchase products online from our website and we offer Express Shipping options under the following conditions:
- An online purchase does not guarantee that stock will be available at the time and therefore might not be available for express shipping.
- When placing an order, online payment in full is required. Upon processing your order for local pickup or shipping, if a product is currently not in stock, we will contact you and offer you the option to either adjust your order and ship only the products that are in stock, wait until the whole order is complete or, cancel the order without penalty.
- In case of an order adjustment due to products not in stock or cancellation, only the final amount will be charged to your credit card as opposed to the original amount. If you had paid online through PayPal, a partial or full refund will be issued back to your PayPal account.
- For any order placed online before 2:30pm on business days, if you are within our Express Shipping coverage area, you should expect to receive your order before 5pm. If your order is placed after the cutoff shipping time or, on a holiday or a weekend then you should expect to receive it on the following business day.
- Our Express Shipping coverage area is from Cole Harbour to Halifax, Fairview, Clayton Park, Spryfield, downtown Dartmouth, downtown Halifax, Burnside, Mic Mac, Woodlawn, Woodside, Eastern Passage, Bedford, Lower Sackville, Waverley and the Airport area. If you are outside our service area please give us a call for a quote on shipping cost; our courier might still be available to deliver same day.
- Inclement weather conditions may impact Express Shipping and can result in next business day delivery instead.
- Warranties and returns can only be offered instore.
- Shipping and handling fees are not refundable.
- For online purchases and delivery, the billing address must match the credit card information.
- For online purchases and delivery or pickup, a valid ID together with the credit card used for the purchase must be shown to the courier driver or in-store.
We extend the manufacturers’ and distributors’ warranties and are obliged to comply fully with their policies as described below:
- Proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims such as the original Techmania receipt or invoice.
- Any item returned for warranty must be tested by our technicians first before it’s deemed eligible for warranty repair or replacement.
- Any hardware components, computers, laptops, Macs and monitors that are brought in to be tested under warranty and pass the tests, may be charged with a minimum diagnostic fee of $19.99+tax.
- Any DOA or faulty item that was sold within a 30 day period and is NOT registered by the customer (i.e. video cards), will be exchanged by Techmania if stock is available (after testing).
- For any faulty item that exceeds 30 days from purchase date and up to a year maximum (for the products that have at least 1 year warranty) and is NOT registered by the customer (i.e. video cards), will be sent to the distributor for warranty repair or replacement by Techmania.
- Any faulty item that exceeds 1 year of purchase and the manufacturer is offering more than a year warranty (such as monitors, motherboards, CPUs, etc) will be handled directly between the consumer and the manufacturer unless the manufacturer demands otherwise. In this case a fee for diagnostics, shipping and handling will be charged.
- Any registered product (i.e. video cards) will be handled directly between the consumer and the manufacturer.
- If a product has to be sent to the manufacturer under warranty by Techmania, we cannot guarantee a turnaround time although a normal average is between 2-4 weeks.
- If a product has to be sent to the manufacturer under warranty by Techmania, we cannot guarantee that the manufacturer will accept the warranty repair or replacement if they deem that there was physical damage or improper care or use.
- If a product is refurbished by Techmania, then the warranty is covered entirely by us.
- Software and physical damage are NEVER a warranty issue. If there is physical damage even if it may appear unrelated to the failing component, may be rejected for warranty altogether.
- Warranty replacements do not extend the original warranty period of a product.
We make every effort possible to make sure you purchased exactly what was described to you in order to minimize return costs and maintain our competitive prices. However we understand the certain circumstances might require you to return a product. In this case the following policies apply:
- A 10% restocking fee applies on all products that can be returned within 15 days from the sales receipt. Special orders, hard drives, custom-built PCs and new (or open box) PCs, tablets, laptops and monitors are not eligible for a return.
- Software must be in its original box and unopened (still sealed in its original plastic wrap).
- Products returned for exchange are only eligible if they are in ‘as sold’ condition with original packaging intact and all disks, registration cards, manuals, packing materials and other accessories included.
- We reserve the right to refuse a return if all conditions are not met.
- Returns due to warranty issues fall under the Warranty Policies and are not eligible for return and refund.
Techmania will use the information you provide on the signup form to email you our flyer with our seasonal specials. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us. By signing up, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms. We use MailChimp as our marketing automation platform. Techmania will NEVER share your information with any other entity, person or company.
Misprints and Errors, Product Availability and Prices
Techmania endeavours to provide current and accurate information on the website. However, misprints, errors, inaccuracies, omissions (including incorrect specifications and pictures or pricing for products) or other errors can sometimes occur. Techmania cannot guarantee that products and services advertised on the website will be available when ordered or thereafter. Techmania does not warrant that the content of the website including, without limitation, product descriptions or photographs, is accurate or complete. For more information please visit or call the store for details. All prices and other amounts appearing on the website are quoted in Canadian dollars and do not include taxes or environmental fees.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Techmania be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages including but not limited to loss of use, loss of data, loss of business or profits.